Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Self Respect

One last thing about the PhD call girl. From the comments on the UK times:

Brains and beauty perhaps, but certainly no self respect, and not enough brains to find funding for her PhD through means that didn't involve turning her body into a receptacle for the insertion of a succession of male appendages.


Ha, like any sane (non-genius) person can get a bio degree while still having self respect? Getting the degree was in essence selling my soul. Doing exactly what they want, when they want it, no matter if it was right wrong, morally questionable, whatever. Just do what they want, get their signature. That's all that really matters. I laugh at these fools non-scientists who think they have a clue. Which is probably why I can't seem to stand people without PhDs. Nobody knows the suffering you have gone through except your fellow scientists. After 3 years, I'm not really back to normal, and I kinda doubt I will be.


1 comment:

azgma said...

I have to agree with you. An aside: while in my PhD program, an advisor told me that the difference between a Masters and a PhD person was coping skills. In the long run, maybe the coping skills I learned are more valuable than that paper I hang on the wall!